Delivered by the NHS South West Leadership Academy and Purposeful Professionals, delivered via Zoom
This full-day, training is for anyone interested in having more productive, effective and energising meetings.
Underpinned by the 10 components of the Thinking Environment® conceived by Nancy Kline and outlined in her book, ‘More Time to Think’, the session will give participants the ability to…
- Set engaging agendas that get participants thinking before they arrive.
- Facilitate engaging meetings that achieve better results and in less time.
- Draw on the resourcefulness of meeting attendees.
- Create an environment for teams to be imaginative in their problem solving.
- Ensure that high quality thinking goes beyond the meeting itself.
Your trainer, Dr Tim Williams is a GP in Sheffield and Professional Time to Think Life Coach and meetings facilitator.
He has considerable experience in the use of the Thinking Environment™ and is able to offer the Transforming Meetings™ programme to diverse groups of participants.
With the positive response to his facilitation (below), Tim is confident in his ability to share the skills that will enable participants to transform their meetings.
Primary Care colleagues.
The Transforming Meetings course has been universally appreciated by Leadership Fellows, GP Trailblazers, Network Leads and ICBs Teams. If you are in a position to chair, organise or facilitate meetings then you will be able to apply the learning with your very next meeting. The principles will also apply to facilitating energising and thought-filled seminars, training workshops and quality improvement programmes.
Two weeks before the session, you will be provided with pre-reading to support your learning experience.
“I am so glad that I have done this session so early in my career. This has undoubtedly provided me with tools to encourage active, attentive participation and thinking in future meetings I host.”
“A definite must for anyone unsure of how to make their meetings more productive.”
“Brilliant use of my time and should be cascaded within the organisation.”
“A brilliant session that has revolutionised my thinking about meetings!”
“This is a really excellent training for not just effective meetings but also working with teams in general and getting the most out of your team.”
“I’m thoroughly enthused to put into practice what I have learned today. I will also be suggesting all of my colleagues attend this training.”
Dates & Registration
- 20th September 2022, 09:30-15:00. FULLY BOOKED.
- 15th November 2022,09:30-15:00. FULLY BOOKED
- 7th February 2023, 09:30-15:00. FULLY BOOKED
Dr Tim Williams MB ChB, DTM&H, MRCGP
Tim has been a GP for over 20 years. Alongside an interest in pain management, he also developed skills in NLP and Coaching which he has used within and alongside his work in primary care. He has trained as a Time to Think Coach, Coach Supervisor and Meetings Facilitator. His portfolio of work includes the coaching and education of doctors in training through the SY&H Post Graduate Deanery and especially, GP Trailblazers and Leadership Fellows. Another significant aspect of his work is the training of the health, social and community care workforce in personalised care approaches, with an emphasis on health coaching, through Peak Health Coaching Ltd.
Training and Qualifications
- Coaching Supervision Diploma (ICCS) 2021
- Time to Think Coach Supervisor (The Thinking Project) 2021
- Accredited Fellow Coach (IAPC&M) 2020
- Micro Systems Coaching Academy (Sheffield) April 2020
- Time to Think Meetings Facilitator (The Thinking Project) 2019
- Time to Think Coach (The Thinking Project) 2018
- Coaching Course Yorkshire and Humber Deanery May 2013
- Life Coaching Diploma (Achievement Specialists) April 2013
- NLP Master practitioner (Acuity Dr) October 2008
- DTM&H (Royal College of Physicians – London) 2001
- MRCGP Royal College of General Practitioners 2001
- MB ChB Sheffield University 1996