Underpinned by the 10 components of Nancy Kline’s Thinking Environment™, participants in this full-day training session will…
- Consider their own experience of presenting to date – good, bad or ugly.
- Appreciate the importance of connecting with their audience.
- Create the right environment for their audience to think well.
- Understand the limitations of power point.
- Be more confident, through practice, in their ability to present with authenticity, humility and passion.
The training most suited to people who…
- Recognise the importance of communicating their ideas well.
- Want their audience to think well about what has been presented.
- Want to take the first steps to overcoming their fear of public speaking, in a safe and supportive environment.
Overview of the Training
This highly practical session will allow participants to think for themselves about what presenting well means for them and their audience. They will have the opportunity to consider the components and purpose of an excellent presentation and importantly how to connect with their audience. Participants will leave having delivered two short presentations on an area of challenge (3 minutes) and passion (5 Minutes) and receive appreciation from a small audience.
Your trainer, Dr Tim Williams is a Time to Think coach and has considerable experience of creating Thinking Environments™. In recognition of the significant barriers for some, he will create a safe and easeful environment for people to explore and expand their presentation skills. The session will be engaging, encouraging, insightful and fun!
“I can’t believe I have got this far in life without doing this course! As absolute must for anyone who has to give a presentation!”
“The best course I have done!”
“…an excellent session, and a great opportunity to both trial my presentation skills, reflect and receive feedback.”
“A really engaging and enjoyable day. Gave me the time to think and reflect on my presentation skills and practice utilising these in a safe environment with peers.”
“I was really anxious before the course but now feel so much more relaxed about doing presentations. It was a really useful course!”
Dates & Registration
- 11th October 2022, 09:30-15:00. FULLY BOOKED
- 24th January 2023, 09:30-15:00. FULLY BOOKED
Dr Tim Williams MB ChB, DTM&H, MRCGP
Tim has been a GP for over 20 years. Alongside an interest in pain management, he also developed skills in NLP and Coaching which he has used within and alongside his work in primary care. He has trained as a Time to Think Coach, Coach Supervisor and Meetings Facilitator. His portfolio of work includes the coaching and education of doctors in training through the SY&H Post Graduate Deanery and especially, GP Trailblazers and Leadership Fellows. Another significant aspect of his work is the training of the health, social and community care workforce in personalised care approaches, with an emphasis on health coaching, through Peak Health Coaching Ltd.
Training and Qualifications
- Coaching Supervision Diploma (ICCS) 2021
- Time to Think Coach Supervisor (The Thinking Project) 2021
- Accredited Fellow Coach (IAPC&M) 2020
- Micro Systems Coaching Academy (Sheffield) April 2020
- Time to Think Meetings Facilitator (The Thinking Project) 2019
- Time to Think Coach (The Thinking Project) 2018
- Coaching Course Yorkshire and Humber Deanery May 2013
- Life Coaching Diploma (Achievement Specialists) April 2013
- NLP Master practitioner (Acuity Dr) October 2008
- DTM&H (Royal College of Physicians – London) 2001
- MRCGP Royal College of General Practitioners 2001
- MB ChB Sheffield University 1996